The Rules of Golf state that all players are expected to play in the spirit of the game by:
* Acting with integrity – for example, by following the Rules, applying all penalties, and being honest in all aspects of play.
* Showing consideration to others – for example, by playing at a prompt pace, looking out for the safety of others, and not distracting the play of another player.
* Taking good care of the course – for example, by replacing divots, smoothing bunkers, repairing ball-marks, and not causing unnecessary damage to the course.
Given the demand for places in our various competitions, it is important that all members fully understand their obligations when they sign up to play.
* By entering a competition, you are committing to play at the designated time and to complete your round alongside your playing partners unless sickness, injury or other emergencies make it impossible to do so.
* You should submit your score PRIOR to leaving the club using the club’s PSI (touchscreen) terminal or Mobile Score Entry function in the ClubV1 Members Hub and HowDidiDo applications.
* Your signed scorecard must be posted in scorecard box or club office letterbox, failure to do so may result in disqualification from the competition.
Anyone failing to meet these commitments may be barred from entry to the following competition. Note also that competition entry fees will not be refunded in the event of late withdrawals unless there is good cause.
In the event that the course becomes temporarily unplayable during the summer competition programme, play will be suspended pending a review to be held after 30 minutes. If the course is deemed 'playable' at that time, the competition will resume; if not a further and final suspension of 30 minutes will ensue. If after this second suspension the course is still not fit for play, the competition will be cancelled. (Note that the lack of daylight hours during the winter months makes it impractical to suspend play for any significant length of time. In such circumstances, the competition will be cancelled.)